Saturday 13 May 2017

The girl in the yellow dress - part 15

“Clare!” Alice yelled for her flatmate as soon as she opened the door. ”Clare!”

“Where’s the fire?”

“He asked me out. Can you believe it?”

“Who?”

“Sebastian.”

“Sebastian?” Clare looked puzzled until finally the penny dropped. “Prince Charming? So he’s called Sebastian? Regal.”

“He’s taking me to a ball, can you believe it?”

“Cindrella at last your days of drudgery are over!” The two girls were dancing round and round in the tiny hallway, finally tripping over a pair of shoes (Clare’s bright red Doc Martens were the most likely culprit) they landed in a heap on the floor.

“But I have nothing to wear! Oh Clare you have to help me.”

“Of course. What are fairy Godmothers for if not to conjure up the all-important dress!” Clare waved an imaginary wand over her friend’s head as if sprinkling her with magic. They pulled themselves up and made their way to Clare’s room.

“Not the yellow one, please.” Begged Alice as Clare pulled it from her wardrobe. “It’s too bright!”

“It’s a really good designer label you know and I really think I can make something fabulous for you. Have I ever let you down?”

To be honest she totally valued Clare’s opinion when it came to clothes. She really did have a good eye.

“OK, but time is short you only have until Saturday, he’s picking me up at seven.”

“I’ll have it ready for half past six then. But obviously I will be so busy I won’t have time to clean the bathroom this week and it was my turn.” Clare would do anything to get out of her side of the cleaning rota.

“Cleaning the loo is the least I can do in return I suppose.”

“Thanks Cinders. Cup of tea would be nice too!” She called as Alice walked away.


Alice shook her head with a laugh, she had a date with Sebastian and nothing else mattered at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

the girl in the yellow dress - part 20

The girls sat in silence for the first twenty minutes of the journey. Melanie concentrating on driving the unfamiliar narrow roads, Alice l...